Awajimijana Otana is a clinical audiologist with specialist interests in children’s hearing, adult aural rehabilitation, and tinnitus. He was formally introduced to Audiology in 2008 by his father, an inventor in Audiology, Allison Otana (formerly Okpojo), PhD.
Following qualification as an audiologist from the University of Manchester, Awajimijana worked with the NHS and his previous role was a Senior Specialist Audiologist in an NHS Trust in London.
In 2020, Awajimijana and Alexa Otana setup Verified Hearing, an independent family-owned audiology practice situated in Westminster, London.
- Paediatric Audiology (Diagnostics and hearing aid fittings)
- Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder
- Adult Aural Rehabilitation
- Diagnostic hearing assessment for adults and children
- Hearing aid fitting for adults and children
- Bone anchored hearing aid fitting
- Endoscopic ear wax removal
MSc Audiology with Certificate of Clinical Competence
The University of Manchester
BSc Information Technology
National Open University of Nigeria
- National Lisa Bayliss Award by British Academy of Audiology for best student on clinical placement across the UK
- National Award for Best Research Paper Poster by the British Academy of Audiology at the 2019 National conference.
- Distinction in Clinical Audiology from University of Manchester clinical training programme.
- Best graduating student in the faculty of science, National Open University of Nigeria.