Private Hearing Test
Exceptional hearing care by our Private Audiologists that prioritises you and your hearing needs.
We know hearing loss can be isolating, and you’ve chosen to go private for better care, that’s why we create a safe space and sufficient time to understand your personal hearing needs at your appointment.
We are committed to offering you the highest quality of individualised hearing healthcare. Whether you’re concerned about hearing loss, need a reassessment, or simply want a private, thorough examination, we’re here to help.
50 years or older? It’s FREE for you
Under the age of 50? Only £99
Hearing loss symptoms
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes”, then you are most likely experiencing the early warning signs of hearing loss.
Start your journey to better hearing today.
What happens at your hearing test
- Hearing health history: Our private audiologist will ask you questions about the listening situations you find challenging, aspects of your health that relates to hearing, and check for any contraindication for the hearing test.
- Hearing test (Pure Tone Audiometry): The hearing test will be performed in a soundproof booth. You will be asked to press a button when you hear the tone through the headphones. We will be aiming to establish the quietest tones you can hear (your hearing threshold). This information will be plotted on an audiogram and explained to you at the end of the test.
- Tympanometry: We will perform tympanometry, a test of your middle ear function.
- Speech testing: We will perform speech testing by asking you to listen to a series of words or sentences at different volumes and tell us what you hear. As the test progresses, we will introduce some background noise to simulate a noisy restaurant, for instance, which tends to be a situation where most people with a hearing loss will struggle.
- Jargon-free explanation: Our audiologist will explain your hearing test results to you in an easy to understand format and give you an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about your hearing.
We’re audiologists with a unique focus – aiming for local excellence and global impact. We provide you the highest level of hearing care accessible in the UK from our London clinic so we can invest part of our profit to help deaf children in Africa hear.
We believe you deserve the best, which is why we strive to offer comprehensive, expert hearing assessments that stand out. All our audiologists are highly qualified to MSc level and are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council. This means you can book your hearing test appointments directly with us without needing a GP referral.
Sudden changes in hearing require immediate attention. If you’re experiencing sudden hearing loss, time is of the essence. Sudden sensorineural hearing loss requires immediate diagnosis and treatment, often within a narrow window of time (72 hours) for optimal results. Do not hesitate to get in touch for an emergency private hearing test.
If you’re unsure whether your sudden hearing loss is due to earwax or a more serious issue, we offer a free ear check so we advise you to book this to rule out ear wax as soon as you notice symptoms. Early diagnosis and intervention are crucial for effective treatment.
Concerned about your child’s hearing? We provide private hearing tests for children, designed to diagnose hearing issues early on and provide a treatment pathway tailored to your child’s hearing needs.
Our Central London Locations
Visit our Hearing Specialists on Harley Street or Wigmore Street
Harley Street Hearing Clinic
1 Harley Street London W1G 9QD
Wigmore Street Hearing Clinic
(Opposite Selfridges, London)
126 Wigmore Street, London, W1U 3RY
+44(0) 203 011 1280
Private At-Home Hearing Test
For those who prefer the comfort of their home, we offer a private hearing test at home service, providing you with the same level of expertise and care without having to leave your living room.
If you’d like to be seen at home, you can schedule a home visit with one of our audiologists.